« Home | Double Date » | Am I bothered? » | Foursome's » | I've gone & done it » | It’s time to come clean » | Decisions, Decisions (and a little wish list too) » | Take That and party » | Whatever happened to Wilma's children? » | Normal service will resume very shortly » | Who are you? » 

Friday, March 10, 2006 

Bossy boots

Today I am mostly listening to: The Zutons – Why Won’t You Give Me Your Love

I'm not really known as a bossy person, but lately I’ve noticed that I’m definitely becoming bossier. I’m not quite sure if this is a good or a bad thing. With certain people I can definitely get away with being quite bossy, but with others they simply won’t stand for it. I don’t know where the bossiness has come from, but it’s definitely there in some form or other.

Take last Friday for example. On my second date with Truly Lovely G, we stopped off at the local takeaway after the lights were turned off in the pub (it was way after closing time after all). Truly Lovely G ordered a cheeseburger with ketchup & mayo, which in my opinion is just wrong, but there you go. She was politely told that they’d run out of burgers & would she like something else instead (how can a takeaway run out of burgers on a Friday night?!). I ordered a chicken burger & mayo, which, in my opinion, is a much better use of mayo. After at least 10 seconds of Truly Lovely G not making her mind up, I took control & demanded another chicken burger & mayo (definitely no ketchup). Despite the amount of alcohol consumed, she looked quite stunned at my demanding tone. I myself wondered where it had come from.



But now that I think about it, perhaps I can just get away with being bossy with Truly Lovely G. This morning for example, I knew she had a hangover & when I spoke to her on the phone, I took control once again. "Right" I instructed "Go to the toilet, feed the cats, drink some water, have some breakfast & have a shower". I think I heard her murmur "Why are you being so bossy?" as I put the phone down. But I’m probably mistaken.

But before you start thinking I’m changing my ways & becoming a right bossy little madam, my bossiness is nothing compared to what I’ve experienced in Truly Lovely G's bedroom... *walks away coyly smiling to self*