« Home | Bossy boots » | Double Date » | Am I bothered? » | Foursome's » | I've gone & done it » | It’s time to come clean » | Decisions, Decisions (and a little wish list too) » | Take That and party » | Whatever happened to Wilma's children? » | Normal service will resume very shortly » 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 

Wilma's Children reunited

Today I am mostly listening to: Markus Nikolai - Bushes (Norman Cook Club Remix)

I’ve had a busy weekend this past weekend. To start off with I was going to a much looked forward to reunion of Wilma’s children (see this classic post for something of an explanation.), and I also decided to make a last minute trip to see Truly Lovely G. It’s a shame you don’t get Air Miles for all the miles I’ve driven recently, but then I suppose you’d have to call them Road Miles, and what rewards would you get for that? Cover 5,000 miles & you receive a 5% discount voucher at Aldi. Not that there’s anything wrong with Aldi of course...


Perhaps the extra mileage was starting to take its toll after all

So straight after work on Friday I made the long winding journey to Truly Lovely G’s. It was great to see her again, but bugger that journey was a real pain, especially on a Friday in rush hour. I managed to calm myself down from all the road rage after a couple of hours, which meant it was finally time to meet the friends (who were apparently dieing to meet me). I’m not too sure why, but I’d been putting it off. I don’t know why, perhaps by meeting the friends it means it’s getting a bit serious.

After a quick introduction & a quick drink (alcoholic of course) we went off to another gay bar, where a rather interesting-looking transvestite invited us in. The friends seem to like me, which can only be a good sign. So all in all, it was a pretty successful night and worth sitting in all that traffic. So in my short career of being gay, that’s two gay bars I’ve been to now. And do you know what? I think I actually quite like them.

But anyway, onto Wilma’s reunion. Whilst being evacuated we’d all spoken about getting together again for some kind of a reunion, and we finally managed it last weekend. And what better place to hold a reunion than in a pub?! It was so good to see these people again, and even though conversation was a bit stilted at first, after a few quick rounds, the conversation started to flow like it used to back in those windy days of October 2005. I’m glad to say that people hadn’t really changed & the characters that kept us laughing through the difficult times were still there & making us laugh again.

During the hurricane we never really spoke about what scared us the most, I think we all wanted to be strong for each other, but sitting round a large table with an alcoholic drink in your hand, it was interesting to see that we were all quite open about it & we happened to be scared at exactly the same times; When the boards came down from the windows & when the looters were on the prowl. But despite the scary moments, there were a lot of funny moments as well, and I’m happy to say that those were what we mainly spoke & joked about.

And talking of my dear friend Wilma, I guess I really should continue the hurricane story.