« Home | Edited highlights of my day (25 July 05) » | Just beat it » | Sunny spells » | A virgin entry to the online dating game » | The post that was actually quite serious » | Well it made me laugh » | I'm losing my marbles » | Band Aid » | Hooray! » | Bugger » 

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 

Ich bin Englisch

It’s no secret that I’ve dabbled in the world of online dating, and to be fair it hasn’t been that successful yet. However, I will persevere and may some day visit Innocent over at his stomping ground in an effort to entice some more unsuspecting men. I’m also pleased to report that I’ve received another e-mail in response to my carefully created profile. This time it’s from a tractor enthusiast! How lucky am I?! But before I continue any further, the online dating game is not the purpose of this post.

To regular readers (is there more than one?!) it will be no secret that I’m currently enjoying the single life after 6 years out of the game. The rules are slowly coming back to me, but I’m clearly still at the beginners level and I can only improve from here.

Now, life in all its wisdom has thrown me one of those curve-ball thingies that come along every now and then. I’ve actually met some one who I think is OK and who I think I could quite like. We have a little bit in common, and more importantly he’s a younger man (I’ve always wanted to try one of those out).

But before you get carried away, there are just a few minor bumps along the road to happiness. When I met him he only had 2 weeks left before he had to go back home (he’s not from this fair and pleasant land that we call England). The two weeks are now up and he’s buggered off back to where he came from.


Is this the road to happiness or just a dead end?

Neither of us made any kind of enduring statement on departure. After all, we’d only known each other for a couple of weeks; we were just having a laugh. He was completely battered; I was stone cold sober, so I’m not sure what sort of conversation it would have been anyway!

The problem now is that I think I actually quite like him. Is it just my mind playing tricks, or is there something more serious lurking in the background? Do I want him just because I can’t have him?! Who can tell, certainly not me (it’s my mind after all).

I’ve never been one to make rash decisions, so I think it’s going to be a case of sitting this one out until the storm is over. I can contact him, so I’ll just have to wait and see what happens. It’s not as if I’m going to give up my job to go and live in a country where I don’t speak the language purely based on a two-week friendship... Mind you, that sounds like a good idea for an unscheduled adventure... Passport anyone?

Now I’ve got that off my chest, perhaps I can finish that bloody Sudoku that’s been bugging me for the past few days!

Today I am mostly listening to: John Legend - Used to love U

Ooooh, Tec has a crush. Whatever happens, at least you got the blood pumping and got back in the game. No-one can take the nice time away from you... rash decisions, you'll know if it feels right but let it cool down slightly without seeing him and if you still feel the same after a few weeks... it might be worth a rash decision or two!

Post a Comment