« Home | Am I obsessed? » | Just how much does it really cost to fall in love? » | Fact of the day » | Ich bin Englisch » | Edited highlights of my day (25 July 05) » | Just beat it » | Sunny spells » | A virgin entry to the online dating game » | The post that was actually quite serious » | Well it made me laugh » 

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 

Obsession – The evolution continues

It’s doing my head in! I thought by writing things down it would have some kind of cathartic effect and I’d feel immensely better for getting it all off my heaving chest. But that hasn’t happened. Mind you, at least I’m sleeping a bit better, but that’s probably more due to the fact that I worry about my obsession all day, so that when I do eventually go to bed I’m completely knackered!


It's starting to get to me now

I decided to go for a walk last night to try and clear my head. (I didn’t take my imaginary dog, but perhaps I should have done; he’s a great listener you know and always comes up with really good suggestions). I thought it might be a good idea to get beyond the increasingly depressive four walls of my flat, and get out in the open air in a bid to clear (or at least arrange) my confused thoughts.

In principle it was a good idea. In practice it didn’t quite work out like that. Within 5 minutes of determined walking I was dreaming up the perfect "how we got together" situation. And the winning scenario was really quite good. Especially as it involved a bit of revenge on He Who Must Not Be Named.

But I digress. I didn’t manage to arrange my thoughts in perfect order, but I was able to question myself on my true intentions, and the result is that yes, I most probably am obsessed, but my intentions are completely honourable (well, mostly) and I have a genuine liking of the person in question. I’m now pretty damn sure it’s not a flash in the pan!

The question is, how do you progress from the "thinking" stage to the "doing" stage?! (By the way, did I mention that I won’t be able to see my obsession until the end of September? Ho Hum).


Today I am mostly listening to: Kaiser Chiefs – I predict a riot

This week I am lusting after chronologically arranged thoughts (you know the ones; they’re the ones that make perfect sense & stop you worrying yourself stupid!).