« Home | Is she or isn't she? » | Reasons to be happy » | Doh! » | How do you solve a problem like Maria? » | Bloody L » | Wilma's Children reunited » | Bossy boots » | Double Date » | Am I bothered? » | Foursome's » 

Thursday, July 27, 2006 

Chill Out

Today I am mostly listening to: Pink – U and Ur Hand

I'm going to a festival. To be more precise, I'm going to The Big Chill. I've never been to a festival before so it's going to be an experience (I'm also going with a bunch of lesbian’s so it'll be an experience in more ways than one). I'm still compiling my extensive list of things to take, so if any one out there has any useful additions, don’t be shy in telling me.

Essentials (or so I reckon):
- Tent
- Torch
- Sleeping bag (I’d much rather take a quilt, but at least I did get a bargain at Argos)
- Pillow
- Air bed (no roll mat for me, I’m doing this in style)
- Toilet paper (I really don’t want to run out of that)
- Toothpaste (to keep my mouth nice and clean and fresh. I might also get a snog from the Mrs…)
- Towel (One of those micro ones. And very useful it is too)
- Dry hand wash (got to keep nice & clean)
- Baby wipes (See above – there are lots of 2-for-1’s at the moment as well)
- Waterproof jacket (I’ve seen a cow-print poncho actually & quite fancy one of those)
- Bottle opener
- Sun cream
- Sunglasses
- Hat
- Insect repellent (don’t want to little buggers getting their teeth into me)
- Earplugs (too right. I really don’t like to be rudely awoken from my beauty sleep)
- Eye mask (see above)
- Fold-up chairs (I just can’t sit on the floor, gives me a bad back)
- Stove (for the full-English in the morning)
- Plates/bowls/cups/cutlery
- Wellies (nice green ones, just hope I won’t have to use them)
- Book (for those quiet moments. I'm currently reading Birds Without Wings)
- Aerobie/Frisbee (I like to throw things around)
- Uno (it's a must)
- Backgammon
- Haribo (for when you get the munchies)

In an ideal world, I'd also like to take the following, but I don't think it's going to happen:
- Gazebo (to keep my delicate skin out of the vicious sun)
- Folding table (for the silver service)
- Cold box (to keep the champagne cold…)

Not really sure how we're going to manage to carry it all, but the Mrs reliably assures me that she has a trolley that will take it all. She's a veteran at festivals you see, having been to Glastonbury on a number of occasions she knows all about it.

I do have one problem though. What alcohol should I drink? Normally I'd drink nice cold white wine, or crisp ice-cold beer, but it's just not going to be possible to keep it cold. I like the idea of Pimm's, but again, how will I keep the lemonade cold? I just wish I drank vodka because that would be so easy, but ever since it got me completely battered as a 16 year old, I've really struggled to drink the darn stuff. I'm leaning towards red wine (pikey boxes I'm afraid) at the moment because at least you don’t need to keep it cold. But, I did have the idea of vodka & Vimto (not the cheeky variety), so think I might give it a go at the weekend.