« Home | Newts to you too » | I'm a sex addict » | All good things must come to an end » | Is that all? » | Home Sweet Home » | So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu » | It’s not the best news I’ve ever had » | From the mouths of children » | The sheepish follow-up » | A load of sweaty old bollocks » 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 

The trouble with women

Today I am mostly listening to: Pink – Just Like A Pill

Bloody women! I know I'm one, but can't they just drive you insane?! And one woman in particular is driving me right up the wall at the moment. Yes, you guessed correctly, it's the Mrs.

I'm not one for arguing, but if I must, then I'll certainly give as good as I get. The problem is with the Mrs, she always puts the guilt trip on me. Now, I know we all do it, it's part of our womanly ways. We probably do it without thinking, and with a bloke it normally has the desired effect of them coming round to our way of thinking. But it's not only the guilt trip thing she does to me, she also throws in the “I'm the wronged-party” (a particular favourite of mine – when used against some one else, obviously). I get stroppy & become the monosyllabic 13 year old everyone hates, and we just don't get anywhere.

We never seem to be able to resolve the underlying issues. Although I will argue, I'm normally the one to back down. I simply just don't like arguing. And living so far away from each other, we never get the nice making up bit. By the time we see each other again, the argument is long forgotten, or I just don't want to bring it all up again.

It's a pain in the arse, and I just wish she wouldn't throw all the female tricks of the trade at me. I don't like it! I want to use them on her!