« Home | Is that all? » | Home Sweet Home » | So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu » | It’s not the best news I’ve ever had » | From the mouths of children » | The sheepish follow-up » | A load of sweaty old bollocks » | Tales from the gym » | Nice weather for penguins » | She said what? » 

Monday, March 26, 2007 

All good things must come to an end

Today I am mostly listening to: Pink - Leave Me Alone (I'm lonely) (I love the song, but I don't get the title. Pink, if you're lonely, why do you want to be left alone? Or am I missing the plot completely?)

As I may have mentioned previously, I made it back safely from my trip to Thailand, and I think I've just about recovered from my jet jag (yeah, I know I've been back for ages). Bangkok was great, Koh Samui was even better, and it's shit being back! (And what is going on with the weather? One minute its snowing, the next the sun's shining) The weather was so good and I actually managed to get a bit of colour on my pale & pasty English skin. The food was great; In fact, I don't think we ate a bad meal (a particular favourite being the Chicken Pad Thai and the mango & sweet sticky rice at Suan Lum night market - trust me, they both were to die for). Well, maybe I had one bad meal, but that was my own fault really (when the menu says the curry is "medium", don't believe it...). I even managed to get through three books, which isn't bad going considering all the Scrabble, backgammon & Uno we played.

I think the Mrs enjoyed herself & considering that two week holiday is the longest time we've spent together, we actually got on quite well. We had a few disagreements, but what do you expect when you get two women together? Actually, that's one thing I notice. With He Who Must Not Be Named, I could quite easily put the guilt trip on him. Just a few carefully selected words & he would soon enough come round to my way of thinking (not that he was a gullible fool or anything. He was just a twat). And of course it was all his own decision. But with the Mrs, I can try the guilt trip thing, but it just doesn't work, and you know what? She does it to me too, but she doesn't get away with it. It's obviously part of what makes a woman a woman, because I don't reckon she's knows she's doing it half the time. I, on the other hand, am fully aware of my feminine ways and like to think I know how to use them to my advantage.

So yeah, it's back to normality now, and what a bummer that is. Shit weather, shit job & no money. I know where I'd rather be right now...