« Home | From the mouths of children » | The sheepish follow-up » | A load of sweaty old bollocks » | Tales from the gym » | Nice weather for penguins » | She said what? » | Guess what I did? » | The imaginatively named New Year Post » | Pussy » | What is the world coming to? » 

Monday, February 05, 2007 

It’s not the best news I’ve ever had

*Today I am mostly listening to nothing because I’m not really in the mood :-(*

I had my doctor’s appointment today. You remember the one; it was the one to check on my speedy pulse rate after the gym wouldn’t let me use their services. Perhaps I mentioned it recently.

My appointment was at 4:10 pm, but I didn’t get in to see her until at least 4:45 pm. So I had all that time to sit there making myself even more nervous than I already was. Great. So when I eventually got in she took my blood pressure & pulse. Blood pressure: OK, maybe a little on the high side. Pulse: 120 bpm. So a bit high then. I did own up to being a bit nervous, so she took it again. This time, blood pressure OK, pulse 110 bpm. Still a bit high then.

She listened to my heart & reported that it sounded fine. She then listened to my lungs & reported they also sounded fine. So that’s great then. But obviously it’s not, because I’ve got to go back for a blood test tomorrow & an ECG on Wednesday. And as I clearly get so nervous, she wants me to take my blood pressure & pulse three times a day for three days. At least then I’ll be in a more normal & relaxed situation & she’ll be able to get a better view of what my levels really are.

Luckily I’m talking to the Mrs again, so I gave her a quick call for some reassurance. I think I got the reassurance I needed, but she is a bit tied up with her own issues at the moment, so I’m still a bit unsure. She told me not to worry, and there’d probably be nothing wrong. And if there is anything wrong, they’ll do something about it. Errm, OK. I did actually say that for my ignorance, I wasn’t too sure what an ECG was. Luckily with all her worldly experience, she was able to calmly explain it all to me... I swear I could feel my pulse going up again.

Anyway, despite my increasing pulse rate, today is a momentous day for other reasons. My blog has made it to the grand old age of 2! Yes that’s right, two years ago today I made that first boring post. And here we are 2 years later, still making boring posts!

Am I bovvered? Errm, yes I am actually. And a little bit worried too.