« Home | A question of monogamy » | Alright now » | Reasons to be cheerful... Or not... » | Pink » | Big Chilled Over & Out » | Every little helps » | Chill Out » | Is she or isn't she? » | Reasons to be happy » | Doh! » 

Monday, October 23, 2006 

Lots to see and lots to do (and lots to write about)

Today I am mostly listening to: Hot Chip – Over and Over

Well, what can I say? I’ve been pretty busy of late, hence the complete lack of blogs. Not that I haven’t got anything to blog about of course.

Firstly P!nk came & went (that’s the proper way to write it apparently), I celebrated a birthday & I’ve finally booked a holiday.

Pink was absolutely excellent, I knew most of the words & I would definitely recommend that everyone (well, maybe not everyone) go & see her (especially at the bargain price of £26.50). I’ve never been to the NIA & I have to say that it’s remarkably similar to the NEC (where I just happened to see Take That – excellent show, did I ever get round to blogging about that?).


Pink's big NIA. Just look at all the lesbians!


I did have my doubts about what she would actually sound like in a space that big, but honestly, trust me, her voice was excellent, I could have creamed me jeans. However, not only did I attend an excellent concert (have I used that adjective enough yet?!), but I also learnt something new. Pink is a gay icon!


Pink. She's excellent.


Call me thick if you must. I knew I liked her and I knew the Mrs liked her, but I honestly didn’t realise that the under-35 lesbian population of Great Britain were also avid fans. I was shocked. And to make matters worse, I happened to be dressed in the Summer 2006 lesbian uniform (not that I have a problem being a new member of the lesbian club; I just happen to like the little bit of mystery that surrounds my appearance – the "is she/isn’t she" factor). But anyway, I don’t think I’ll be wearing my uniform again any time soon.


The summer 2006 lesbian uniform


And while I’m on the subject of lesbians, they can be pretty odd can’t they? Whilst making our way back to Broad Street for a tasty burrito, a couple of scary-Mary lesbians in front of us started to have an argument (apparently lesbian A had snogged her ex in front of lesbian B – so an argument would be completely understandable). Well, we managed to benefit from this little fracas, as lesbian B threw her £10 Pink program on the floor and stormed off with lesbian A in hot pursuit. No one else was around, so what were we to do but pick up the rather expensive program? *shrug*. The Mrs also told me a story about when she went to see Texas at G-A-Y, and a couple of lesbians in front of her had a major argument. Apparently Sharleen looked at one lesbian but the other was convinced Sharleen had looked at her. I don’t know, lesbians can be right funny.

Anyway, Pink was excellent. So there you go.

Moving on swiftly, I’ve also celebrated my birthday (but I’m not saying which one). The kind & generous birthday fairy decided to pay me a visit (and with some help from the Mrs) I was the recipient of a brand new bike! And I just have to say that I love my bike and I love Halfords for reducing it by £80 (I would never have let the Mrs buy it otherwise). It’s great! It’s sleek, it’s sexy and most importantly it’s all mine, my precious.


My sleek n sexy Carrera Subway 1 birthday bike


I never thought I’d have a girls bike, but this is actually a girls bike (check out the symbol). I reckon girls bikes normally look a bit daft, but in my opinion this looks like a proper riders bike. So I’m well chuffed & after buying some mud guards and a bike computer (thanks Atomic Rosie), I’ve been out and about on it quite often (mind you, I think the Mrs would skin me alive if I didn’t use it!).


It's a ladieee's bike!


And in the final story for tonight, I’ve booked a holiday! I’m happy to report that I’m off to Thailand with the Mrs & two of her friends for two weeks. OK, it’s not until February 2007, but I’m sooo looking forward to it. Two weeks of sun, fun and maybe a little bit of sex (OK, I’m hoping for a lot of sex ;-) ). Oh and we might fit in a bit of sightseeing as well. Honestly, I’ve pretty much needed another holiday since my run-in with Wilma (I’m sure I never finished that story... I really must get round to it) but it just hasn’t happened this year. So I’m definitely going to make up for it when February finally gets here!

Over in spam corner, Fred Becker is telling me about Rocking horse fell, Annie Moran is advising about canny tightfisted (sounds painful), David Denton wants me to know about astonishment tizzy & Judith Gregg announces unforgettable stick-in-the-mud.