« Home | The imaginatively named New Year Post » | Pussy » | What is the world coming to? » | Red, red wine » | Cigarettes and alcohol (and other such substances) » | I’d like to teach the world to sing. Apparently. » | Lots to see and lots to do (and lots to write about) » | A question of monogamy » | Alright now » | Reasons to be cheerful... Or not... » 

Friday, January 12, 2007 

Guess what I did?

Today I am mostly listening to: Muse – Knights of Cydonia

I only went and bought myself a Freeview box this week. I’ve been going on about it for ages, but was kind of reluctant to actually go & buy one in case it didn’t work. You see, I live in a ground floor flat & I have to connect to a shared aerial, so I feared the signal would be a bit shit. I only ever managed to get four channels as it was. But this week, some kind soul from work let me borrow theirs to see if it would work. And do you know what? It bloody well worked perfectly. Every one else in the flats has probably lost their signal, but what the hell, at least mine works.

So, not only did I buy a Freeview box, I got a bit carried away and bought one with a 80gb hard drive in it. So no more video tapes for me. Set up was easy enough (you just, like, follow the instructions) and next thing I know, there’s a full selection of channels. And to add to my excitement, I found out I can watch The L Word on FTN! OK, it’s only the first series, but what the hell; it’s still The L Word!

I came home from work today and some how ended up watching Ellen DeGeneres on Five Life (channel surfing don’t ya know). I haven’t really seen her since she was in that show of hers (that’ll be The Ellen Show then), and my God, she’s such a lesbian! It’s the walk, the posturing, the hair, the clothes, everything. How could we not know she was gay when she was in that show of hers?!

And in other news, with the weird weather we’ve been having lately our town has flooded. It’s not unusual because whenever we get a bit of extra rain, the river rises & the flood plains, errr, flood. It’s just a bit unusual this early in the year. Anyway, it’s a pain in the arse. Because certain roads flood and are forced to close, it now takes me 40 minutes instead of 15 minutes to get to work. It really is a pain in the arse. I suppose I should think myself lucky; at least I don’t have this problem:


The new special edition Submariner Mazda MX5

It's all about me, me & me

  • It's Me, tEC tONiK
  • From Cambridge, United Kingdom
  • I'm confused, quiet, dreamy, moody, romantic, stroppy, loveable, stubborn & witty! I'm not ambidextrous, & I like marmite on toast.
My Profile

Today I am mostly

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
British Blog Directory. I love Punkymoods