« Home | It’s official… » | Ahh, Ahh... Choo (Part 2) » | Ahh, Ahh…Choo! » | Quick, hide! It's a volcano! » | What’s the point? » | Will you turn that music down?! » | When is a friend not a friend? » | Well I'll be Amsterdam'ed » | It's SNOW use complaining! » | There's definitely something missing around here... » 

Friday, March 25, 2005 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Seen this on a few blogs & thought I’d give it a go (it’s got nothing to do with the fact I’ve got nothing else to report…honestly):

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't dig out that "cool" or "intellectual" book, just go with the flow & pick the book closest to you right now!

After I finished "Farewell, Black River" and "The Drunken Concubine", His Majesty wanted more. I begged his pardon and explained that I was not prepared. "One last song".

Now wasn’t that enlightening?! A mystery prize will be awarded for the first person to correctly guess which book it comes from (and yes, it’s from a book I’m reading at the moment).


Me on a good day
Posted by Hello

You look like Marilyn, I look like Joe DiMaggio... :-) No idea on the book, I would say 19th or 18th century but I bet its trying to be classical and is really modern lit.

Ha! Marilyn & Joe; It must be fate! Now, do you mean 19th or 18th century when it was written, or when it was set? (Not that I'm trying to start a conversation or anything...)

Post a Comment