« Home | A brighter day » | Crossroads » | Have Easyjet ticket, will travel » | Should I stay or should I go? » | Boredom is the lowest form of something (I just ha... » | Cambridge - What a wonderful place to visit! » | Long time no blog! » | Stick Cricket – Tomorrow’s game today! » | To blog or not to blog? That is the question. » | The night of long drinks » 

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 

Annoyances, annoyances everywhere

Today I am mostly listening to: Basement Jaxx - Mere Pass (why have I never heard this before?!)

This week I am lusting after Live 8 tickets (already entered the draw 5 times)

Don't know if it's the weather, the time of the month or the position of the moon, but some people are REALLY getting on my nerves!

There's someone in our office who, when speaking on the phone, always finishes their sentences with the word "super". A typical conversation goes like this:

What about the flight on the 27th?

(Enter relevant answer here)

OK. Super.

I know it's not annoying in itself and for all I know it could be code for a dirty conversation & a bit of telephone sex, but now I've noticed it, I notice it all the time. I have to stop myself from shouting out loud "IT’S NOT SUPER!"


Did you hear me? I said IT'S NOT SUPER!

Another example of an annoying person is the friend who's not a friend. We're still not on speaking terms & just to prove a point, I always make sure I start the day with a cheery "Morning!" & finish it with a cheery "Night!" I don't get any response now; I just like to make the point. Luckily I've recently moved desks so she's no longer in my direct line of site (although we are still in the same office). The not-so-lucky side of this is that I can still hear her dulcet tones & the annoying laugh that punctuates every sentence (and I mean EVERY sentence). As you may already be aware, this is one of my pet-hates. In fact, it's beyond annoying. There is just no need for it.

I wish I could record that shiver-inducing (shiver in a bad way, not a good way) laugh & post it here for all to endure, but if I did that I'd never get any readers again (if there are any here in the first place...). It's difficult to describe. It's not only the timing of the laugh, it's also the tone & pitch of each out burst. If it's at all possible, imagine nails being dragged down a blackboard but in the format of a laugh.

Anyway, enough said. Rant over.

Irrational annoyoances? They make the world go round... people who walk slowly, constantly sniff and people who try and tell you they know best... whatever you're talking about.. always get me.

Wow... just seen how good your NY photos are. Much better than the ones I took... Oh, to be talented. :-)

Post a Comment

It's all about me, me & me

  • It's Me, tEC tONiK
  • From Cambridge, United Kingdom
  • I'm confused, quiet, dreamy, moody, romantic, stroppy, loveable, stubborn & witty! I'm not ambidextrous, & I like marmite on toast.
My Profile

Today I am mostly

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
British Blog Directory. I love Punkymoods