« Home | TFI Friday... » | Nothing ventured, nothing gained » | It’s official… » | Ahh, Ahh... Choo (Part 2) » | Ahh, Ahh…Choo! » | Quick, hide! It's a volcano! » | What’s the point? » | Will you turn that music down?! » | When is a friend not a friend? » | Well I'll be Amsterdam'ed » 

Sunday, April 03, 2005 

The night of long drinks

Well, Friday night came & went as it does every week of the year (yes, even in a leap year). Fun & frivolity was had by all, the curry was great, and we managed a round of turbo shandy’s, despite lots of "but I don’t drink pints". The award for Star of the Night had to go to The Lovely Miss Loud & Lively, not only for the game of "Where’s Wally?" but also for her conversation at the bar. When ordering a round of drinks in the club (please note that I struggle to call it a club, but it’s more than a bar, but it has got a dance floor...So what is it?!):

To set the scene, this took place after the first round of turbo shandy’s:

The Lovely Miss Loud & Lively: "Do you sell snake bite & black?"
Friendly bar keep: "No, I’m afraid we don’t sell cider"
TLML&L: "Oh, OK. Do you have anything similar?"
FBK: "No, I’m afraid we don’t sell cider"

OK, maybe it was one of those where you had to be there to appreciate it, but when I asked The Lovely Miss Loud & Lively what she was expecting when she asked for something similar, she replied with "Well, maybe just snake bite but with no black". Surprisingly, that answer made sense to me...

No surprises for guessing that I didn’t find myself an fcuk buddy. Perhaps horoscopes are a load of rubbish after all. Or maybe it’s just the one I subscribe to. Oh well, it probably wouldn’t have worked anyway. He would have wanted to tell me all about how he scored the winning try (yes, in my imaginary world he would have played rugby), when all I wanted to do was get down & dirty in our own private scrum (or should that be ruck?!).

The younger men of the world can rest peacefully for the moment!



Does my bum look big in this?
Posted by Hello

he he... that's a shocking arse on your blog!! :-)

Post a Comment