« Home | Long time no blog! » | Stick Cricket – Tomorrow’s game today! » | To blog or not to blog? That is the question. » | The night of long drinks » | TFI Friday... » | Nothing ventured, nothing gained » | It’s official… » | Ahh, Ahh... Choo (Part 2) » | Ahh, Ahh…Choo! » | Quick, hide! It's a volcano! » 

Thursday, April 28, 2005 

Cambridge - What a wonderful place to visit!

Today I am mostly listening to: Gwen Stefani - Rich Girl (Anthem on the Amsterdam trip - ask the IT girl)

Two posts in two days! Can’t believe this, something must be wrong! No, seriously, I would have posted this yesterday, but I forgot when I got completely carried away with all the announcements of the new blog additions.

Basically on Monday, I had a better than usual day at work, and actually got to do something a bit more interesting than being chained to my desk. To cut a long & boring story short, we had a visitor from our parent company (who happened to be German), who wanted to see the wonderful sights of Cambridge. Me being the helpful sort, volunteered to show them around our little corner of England. After a spot of lunch over-looking the murky river Cam, we took a guided punt tour along the backs. Having lived in this part of the world for most of my life (a few wasted years were spent elsewhere, but that’s a different story for a different time), Cambridge is a place that, rightly or wrongly, I take for granted, and I don’t see the city as a tourist might. But this guided tour along the Cam gave me the chance to see it in a different light (and it had absolutely nothing to do with the rather dashing student who guided us...). So, yes, I had a good afternoon seeing a few of the sights of Cambridge as a tourist would.

Anyway, enough of the tourist information service. Enjoy some of the results below (taken with my phone because I didn’t think to take a camera – don't forget, too many photo’s are never enough!), and if they entice you to travel down to the fen, I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I did!

Remember, you can take the girl out of the fen, but you can't take the fen out of the girl...


All together now, sigh (The Bridge of Sighs - Get it?!)
Posted by Hello


What a conundrum! (The Mathematical Bridge - Get it?!)
Posted by Hello


*Sigh* What's the matter? (It's The Bridge of Sighs - Again)
Posted by Hello


Kings College (errm, running out of witty comments now...)
Posted by Hello

Oh yeh, I'm still lusting after those damn Nike Rifts...