« Home | Boredom is the lowest form of something (I just ha... » | Cambridge - What a wonderful place to visit! » | Long time no blog! » | Stick Cricket – Tomorrow’s game today! » | To blog or not to blog? That is the question. » | The night of long drinks » | TFI Friday... » | Nothing ventured, nothing gained » | It’s official… » | Ahh, Ahh... Choo (Part 2) » 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 

Should I stay or should I go?

Today I am mostly listening to: Ben Harper & The Blind Boys of Alabama – Take my hand

I love getting post, it means some one wants to contact me & has actually taken the time to write to me. I hate the junk mail that drops daily through my letterbox though. So imagine my surprise when I returned home from work to find a big fat white envelope resting peacefully on the mat by the front door. Scrambling to pick it up & realising that it wasn’t put through my letterbox in error, the first thing that struck me was the unusual stamp, and after closer inspection it revealed itself to originate from The Netherlands. In a fit of excitement I tore open the envelope & a wedding invitation fell out! Could the IT Girl finally be settling down?!

Alas no, but another friend living in The Netherlands has decided to finally tie the knot. My immediate reaction was one of excitement & happiness, but after the initial excitement died down, I started to think about the enormity of going to a wedding on my own... To some it may not seem that much of a big deal, but when you’ve been used to doing things as part of a couple, things like weddings (actually, especially weddings!) can seem a bit daunting.


"I wonder what would Arthur do?"

After reasoning with myself for a while (OK, I’m still doing the reasoning bit now), I’ve decided that this is one event I don’t want to miss out on (unlike another friends New Years Eve birthday party that I refused point-blank to go to). Oh, for goodness sake (post-edited for politeness), I travelled to bloody Australia on my own to see Atomic Rosie, surely I can make my way to Schiphol bloody Airport! And anyway, I can always catch up with the IT Girl (whatever happened with the MTV thingy?) and you never know, I might meet a nice tall Dutch Aragorn (with glasses if I get a choice!).

Tomorrow’s task: check Easyjet flights.

It's all about me, me & me

  • It's Me, tEC tONiK
  • From Cambridge, United Kingdom
  • I'm confused, quiet, dreamy, moody, romantic, stroppy, loveable, stubborn & witty! I'm not ambidextrous, & I like marmite on toast.
My Profile

Today I am mostly

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
British Blog Directory. I love Punkymoods